Eglise de la Nativité de la Sainte ViergeBack
Eglise de la Nativité de la Sainte Vierge
Reception : Until December 31
The oldest part of this church is the bell, called Marie, made in 1520 by Adrien Viguereux. The chancel, in pure Gothic style, is decorated with bricks and has an imitation stone covering dating from 1873. It has a surprisingly tall elevation (12 metres). The nave is the only original element which has remained untouched. The church is part of the traditional Saint Christopher pilgrimage, begun in 1808. At this time, in honour of Saint Christopher, every pilgrim brought an item of clothing for a weak and delicate child. Nowadays cars and bikes are blessed during a special religious ceremony.